Bringing together two amazing things - yoga and fashion.
I'll openly confess one of my favorite things about yoga is the clothing. I'm that person who always looks like she's just left a yoga class or on her way to one, and I'll wear my assortment of leggings proudly wherever I go.
I can't remember the last time I wore a bra that wasn't a sports bra, either. Whether you're looking for clothes to wear on the mat or something versatile for brunch after your Sunday class, the best yoga clothing brands are the perfect mixture of trendy, athletic, and comfortable.
Mika Yoga Wear
If you're addicted to leggings, prepare to give this company all of your money.
Mika's entire clothing line, but especially their leggings, has been carefully designed to fit a woman's body perfectly from top to bottom.
They've concocted the perfect fabric (90% polyster/10% Lycra) for the ideal stretch and fit so you're not constantly adjusting your pants whether you're lying in Savasana or sweating through your Sun Salutations.
- The leggings and capris are high waisted, so you can practice without feeling self-conscious or pulling your pants up. The company also has true high waisted leggings that sit above the belly button without sacrificing style.
- Along with fun patterns and vibrant colors, the leggings have extra elastic on the bottom to fit them over your heel for a cute, trendy fit.
- If you're a hot yoga addict, you'll go nuts over their drawstring shorts that fit without riding up with every move.
ALO Yoga has a major Instagram presence through their company page and their sponsorship of various Instagram-famous yogis.
Known for their on-point patterns and contemporary cuts that are designed to flatter and move with every inch of your body, ALO Yoga has leggings, shorts, tanks, and even pullovers/hoodies.
Their popular two-toned Goddess legging gives you the appearance of wearing leg warmers without the constant adjustment of actually wearing leg warmers.
- If you love bold, energetic prints, you'll dig ALO's Airbrush leggings. You'll want to put your mat at the front of the class every time with these!
- Gone are the days of the boring racerback sports bras. ALO's sports bras are sleek with strappy designs you'll want to show off!
- Bare your sexy yoga shoulders with flowy, open backed tees made from soft modal jersey.
You'd be hard pressed to find an athletic company who markets their entire line of products to empowering strong, athletic women.
With their slogan "I will what I want", the company sponsors some of the athletic industry's most inspiring women, including yoga goddess Kathryn Budig, ballerina Misty Copeland, and athletes Shauna Harrison and Natalie Uhling.
A lot of companies treat yoga like a hobby, but Under Armour shows and encourages the power and dedication all yogis possess.
- Their Studio line is made of soft, wicking fabrics so you stay cool and dry no matter how hard you're working.
- If you're in need of supportive bras that don't look like you're wearing full body armor, their high-impact sports bras are stylish but give you the support you need.
- Their clothes hold up to some serious wear and tear. Expect your pieces to last you years of practice.
Onzie's philosophy is simple: Keep your practice challenging and your wardrobe simple. They pride themselves on being inclusive, offering a range of sizes at affordable prices.
They have pieces for a variety of activities, but fans of hot yoga are particularly enamored with their clothing because of its breathability without looking utilitarian.
- Show off that booty in their uber popular side string short. It doesn't matter how much junk in the trunk you've got; these shorts flatter all body types.
- Love capris but wish they were a bit more stylish? Onzie's variety of styles are complete with chic cut-outs or mesh panels to make them fashionable enough for any casual occasion.
You can find most Onzie products on Amazon.
Flexi Lexi Fitness
If you like to make a statement with your pants, then Flexi Lexi Fitness is the clothing line for you. This relatively small company started making noise in the yoga apparel industry with their strappy bralettes and matching scrunchy shorts.
Their clothing is cute, feminine, and colorful, and their small company feel is apparent in their social media interactions.
- Feeling a little sassy? Their Peek-a-Boo leggings have sexy mesh panels and a high waist to take care of any love handles.
- Have a mini yogi? You can match your tiniest love with Mini Flexi Lexi apparel!
- Bra addicts will go crazy (but not broke) with the company's signature but reasonably priced bralettes.
Yoga apparel has branched out far beyond black yoga pants and simple tank tops. Bold prints and patterns, exotic colors, and hip styles suitable far beyond the mat are now staples among yogis everywhere.
Embrace the "athleisure" phenomenon and give these companies a spot in your wardrobe. The best yoga clothing brands are whatever makes you feel strong, empowered, and comfortable.